Sunday, January 17, 2010

 

Sta-in Out of the Rain

We have a really funny relationship with rain in Southern California. We need it, but we don't really like it. Subsequently, we get news of a mostly wet week and people talk about like it's time to start loading the Ark. Anyhow, even I caught the rain fever and begin to think it might be weeks before I get work outside again. Subsequently, I wanted to finish the staining.


I'm really happy with how it turned out. Now I just need to build another one. Some people have asked for details on the legs:

Next is a modern reinterpretation of the Adirondack chair in the same design language. With the rain this week I might have time to draw something up in Google SketchUp. The hardest thing about a lounge chair is getting the ergonomics and proportions right. I've already started researching seat to back angles and the like.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?