Sunday, February 18, 2007
Is It Worth It?
- Scrape the ceilings
- Sand the edges where the drywall meets walls and beams
- Reform the seem with patch putty between the ceiling and walls n' beams
- Find and fix blatant imperfections (gouges, nail holes, etc)
- Sand the patch putty for a smooth seam
- Rinse the residue from the ceiling with a sponge (takes forever)
- Prime the entire ceiling
- Paint the entire ceiling (twice)
- Look at the imperfections you missed and need to go back in fix
I stripped and repainted the vent, too. I just haven't put it back in yet. Here's another shot where you can see the popcorn, scraped, and scraped and painted portions:
I'd like to invite you to check out Curbly.com - a DIY Design community for people who love where they live. We're establishing a passionate, creative user-base and drawing more and more traffic every day. We're trying to engage home-enthusiasts like you and provide a place where people can share ideas and get inspired. Let me know what you think!
Links to this post: