Tuesday, January 30, 2007

 

What Goes Around Comes Around

I remember as a kid driving through the California desert on my way to visit my grandparents in Arizona. My brother and I used to look up from our Game Boys to point and snicker at the poor unfortunate souls with cars broken down by the side of the road in the 100 degree heat.

No, this posting isn't about being broken down by the side of the road...it's about stripping paint. Long have I roamed the online message boards reading the horrific accounts of others who had to strip paint from beams, bricks, and even a diving board. I sat smugly thinking to myself, "Self, isn't it nice you don't have to strip paint?" Yup, no scrubbing, scraping, or screaming for me. But alas, what goes around comes around.

So this weekend I decided to just remove a little paint from my fireplace. You guessed it: I scrubbed; I scraped; I even screamed.

BEFORE
DURINGAFTERI have a new-found respect for those who brave the Citristrip and a BBQ brush. But I really like the results. It turns out the fireplace was painted several times. So I'm left with this cool layering of red, olive green, black, and tan.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?