Thursday, November 02, 2006

 

Back in the Swing...

I admit it, I've been a lazy bum these last few months. You get to a point, and even the most dedicated of restovators reach it, where the thought of sanding, priming, and painting another Smurfey-blue window or door just makes me sick to my stomach.

Also, there's a point where you've captured most of the low-hanging fruit. The easy / fun (I hardly distinguish a difference anymore) projects are done and it's time to get serious. Or so I thought. About a month ago (around my birthday) I started to think more and more about the house. So after a summer of BBQs and beer I'm back at it.

I also had a really nice time visiting a couple in Pomona who also own a Cliff May. There's actually a neighborhood of about 60 houses out there and they're actually affordable (at least by SoCal standards).

Okay...ON TO THE CARNAGE! I decided to embark on a light redo of my master
bathroom. These previous owners were, shock, big fans of the color blue. I've been living in a periwinkle wonderland of self-sanitation I'm in the middle of demo and stuff. So enjoy the carnage:


Okay, so maybe there isn't a ton of carnage. But I found some really cool hinges being used to hold on the linen cabinet doors:


BUT WAIT....THERE'S MORE!

Okay, I put this at the bottom because it's not exactly something I want to advertise just yet. Cliff May built between 11,000 and 19,000 homes (depending on how you estimate) around the country. Wouldn't it be great if there was a registry of houses, neighborhoods, and owners? There will be...


Cliff May Registry



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?