Saturday, April 29, 2006

 

Adventure

The weather can really be unfair sometimes. Take this weekend, for example. Normally, SoCal has a chain of weather in the Spring. Rain in March, sun in April, sun in May, foggy clouds that don't dissipate until 2PM in June. The only reason why June is bearable is because of how wonderful April and May are. Today was warm but completely clouded up until 3PM. Ugh.

Anyhow, at least is wasn't raining. I got a chance to try out some new exterior paint colors. In my neighborhood pretty much everyone has white beam ends and tries to make the body of the beams blend-in. I decided to try something different and do what the architect originally envisioned, darkly colored and highlighted.

BEFORE


AFTER


One of the tough things about picking the right shade of dark brown is that it has to look good in the shadows (under the eaves), in direct sunlight (on the fascia boards), and indoors (on the beams as the go into the house).

One of the things I'm struggling with is how to paint the joists. Right now, my ceilings are fully covered in sheetrock. But in the master bedroom (shown above) I'm thinking of exposing the joists. Do I paint the joists the dark brown color and carry them inside in the house like the beams? Do I keep the joists the body color outside and make them white on the inside? Whatever I do, it has to be consistent throughout the whole house. Anyhow, here's a test on one of the inside beams:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?