Thursday, January 05, 2006

 

House Bling!

Okay, I admit it. I have a problem; I absolutely love the word "bling." How cool is this, a word whose definition is: The sound that light makes when it reflects off something shiny. Very cool indeed.

Anyhow, on to my house bling (I really just like saying it). I saw those awesome Neutra house numbers as Design Within Reach (a very ironic name for a store selling house numbers that cost $68/number). I wanted them. Fortunately, two facts in my life coincided and I was able to get them:

1. I turned one year older and my parents demanded to know of something they could buy me.
2. I found CustomHouseNumbers.com, which sells them for nearly 33% off the "Design Within Reach" price.

BLING!

This is one of those improvements that not only looks great but, unfortunately, highlights the inadequacy of my front doors. I know, they need to go. I also need a new doorbell button. Oh, just so you fellow perfectionists don't think I'm slipping: yes, I know the "1" isn't plumb -- it hasn't been siliconed yet in this picture. Oh, I know about the PO's crappy wood filler job at the top of that batten; it's on the list.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?