Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

Demolition Man

There's something awesome about ripping stuff out. It doesn't matter whether it's crappy kitchen cabinets, old bathroom fixtures, or overgrown plants -- it's fun to destroy! Anyhow, this was one of those weekends where I felt like I got a lot done -- more than usual. One thing a couple of you have asked me about is a site plan or some other map that shows the overall layout of my property. Initially, I was a bit perplexed but then I read back through my own blog. While it's obvious to me where the courtyard is in reference to the rest of the yard, it probably isn't for anyone who hasn't spent the last 6 months here. Also, this week I have some pictures of the pool area. Anyhow, here's a little map I put together; excuse the terrible artwork:


Alrighty, onto the pictures. I did some grunt work, which is oddly satisfying. With the fence down between me and my neighbor I thought it might be a good idea to clear out some of the overgrown, invasive, plants. Which gets me started...I think the previous owners had a penchant for rhizome-infested plants. For those of you who don't keep a horticultural dictionary next to their computer, those are plants that have huge structures underground that help propogate the plant agressively over wide areas. There's an easier, more succint definition: evil.

BEFORE:

AFTER:


It's amazing how much more space there is. Also, I now have a nice view of my neighbor's paint experiments on the side of his house. Actually, he's already showed the final color to be painted this spring and it's "appropriate." Before any of you get smart, the water is cloudy becuase I just brushed the sides of the pool. I'm not one of those people with a cloudy, algae-infested pool -- at least not anymore. :)

But Wait, There's MORE!

I'm obsessed with whiteboards. I love 'em. The bigger the better. I find them to be indispensible for organizing my life. So, I thought to myself, "Self, you should cover your closet door in whiteboard material so you can sextuple your whiteboard space!" Here's how it turned out:


Enjoy the barrel distortion with my elderly digital camera, too. Oh yeah, $20 including the construction adhesive to attached it to the existing closet door. If you want to know specifics just shoot me an email. The only thing I'm missing is a new closet door handle / grabby thing. The one I have is painted white and I really want a satin silver / brushed aluminum / steel one.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?