Sunday, November 06, 2005

 

Problem Corner

I think we all one of those little corners of our property where things aren't quite up to snuff, that little area where hardly anyone ever goes and even fewer even notice. I had a corner like that -- except mine is in my front yard. Worse still, it's right along the "path" (oh, you'll be reading more about that later) to the front door.

One of my personal beliefs is that how you greet guests to your home significantly affects how well your hosting will go. As most of you know, I work from home so I frequently have clients over to my home office. When one is in the business of working with first-time homebuyers, it's very important to inspire rather than scare. Anyhow, here's a little before of my problem area:

BEFORE:


Your eyes to not deceive you; it's true: the previous owners decided to use broken up concrete as a tree planter box. What were they thinking? Was it too difficult to move it the extra 20 feet to the curb? Anyhow, on top of that we have an assortment of invasive plants, rocks, and an ugly fence hiding behind it all.

AFTER:


Overall I think it's a huge improvement. The one thing I didn't count on was how much that hose dealio was going to stick out. Unfortunately, the spigot is located toward the top so I will have to relocate that at a later date. I think that fence could really use some paint too.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?